Technical Project Manager
Our customers, partners and team are highly technical. They love complexity, detail and discussion. They need someone who talks their language, can dive into detail, but holds the bigger picture of the project, its goals and schedules. Someone who knows the strengths, weaknesses, risks and options for solutions. Someone who can use that knowledge to creatively steer, guide, drive and help them all to succeed. Someone who can manage complexity and make it simple. Someone who can still at the end of the day share a beer with everyone and maintain a good relationship.
Learn more about this role
Technical. Project. Management.
Day to day you work with the delivery manager, senior technical leaders, customer stake holders and their partners in a distributed team environment. You will engage in discussions and decision making from Jira issues to architectural discussions through people issues to filtering unreasonable expectations or misguided estimations.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
Through constant contact, planning and sharing, you will monitor, report and adapt to meet both short term demands and long term goals on a number of small connected projects related to embedded software. You’ll use your expertise with tech and people to prioritise, lead and deliver. You are not super human, but you are experienced and that experience benefits everyone on the project.
You’ll do all this with some cool people like you, on a large project delivering to millions of people and you will take pride in your work.
What you will need to bring
- 5 years of experience managing software projects at least 3 of which involve embedded devices
- Demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects involving many stake holders and companies
- JIRA expertise
- Strong technical background that enables you to talk tech comfortably
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience with projects in different methodologies (SCRUM, Waterfall, Agile)
- Ability to negotiate in English.
Desirable Tech Skills
- Experience of managing projects with distributed teams
- STB, Video or Audio codec project experience
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days)
- A broad benefits’ package, includng the newest one: access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.