Technical Project Manager
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Over the last several years, we’ve grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare. We’ve applied our cutting-edge experience and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 we are taking precautions and all interviews will be held remotely.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
Day to day you work with the delivery manager, senior technical leaders, customer stake holders and their partners in a distributed team environment. You will engage in discussions and decision making from Jira issues to architectural discussions through people issues to filtering unreasonable expectations or misguided estimations.
Through constant contact, planning and sharing, you will monitor, report and adapt to meet both short term demands and long term goals on a number of small connected projects related to embedded software. You’ll use your expertise with tech and people to prioritise, lead and deliver. You are not super human, but you are experienced and that experience benefits everyone on the project. You’ll do all this with some cool people like you, on a large project delivering to millions of people and you will take pride in your work.
What you will need to bring
- 5 years of experience managing software projects at least 3 of which involve embedded devices
- Demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects involving many stake holders and companies
- JIRA expertise
- Strong technical background that enables you to talk tech comfortably
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience with projects in different methodologies (SCRUM, Waterfall, Agile)
- Ability to negotiate in English
Desirable Tech Skills
- Experience of managing projects with distributed teams
- STB, Video or Audio codec project experience
What you will get in return
Included in your contract:
What we’ll give you in return:
- A fresh start in a new office near the Rynek close to all Wroclaws best entertainment
- Challenging work on important projects
- A twice yearly company bonus scheme
- Private medical care for you and your family
- MyBenefit and Multisport
- Family friendly office and events
- A good amount of annual leave, which rises an extra day for every year you stay with us
- A flexible approach to work and an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Training online and face to face.
- Car park sharing scheme
- Awards for good customer support such as Drones; VR equipment; bicycle; you name it, its yours!
- Fruit, pizza, cakes – all free.
- More – come and ask us – we have one of the best benefits packages in Wroclaw
Our Recruitment Process
Once you submit your CV, we’ll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things. This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll often do a short first stage telephone interview to find out more about you and to check that the role would be a good fit for your requirements.
Then, if you progress to interview stage we’ll try to cover off everything we can in one sitting, to make the process quicker for you - which means our interviews can be slightly longer than average. We want you to leave the interview with a real feel for the job and what it’s like to work with us.