Embedded Software Engineer – Browser
We believe in putting people first.
People like you, the customer and the end user. No politics and no getting lost in the machine. You will be working with our customers and engineering colleagues daily. Red offers a place for those who love their technology and understand that communicating with others is critical to quality and success. Team players thrive here and each of us makes a difference!
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Over the last several years, we’ve grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare. We’ve applied our cutting-edge experience and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 we are taking precautions and all interviews will be held remotely.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. Working as part of a small team, you’ll be a key part of the planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded browser software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers, Set Top Boxes and similar embedded devices. Mostly working in C++ each day under Linux, you’ll optimise memory, performance and solve hard multi-threading problems in big code bases as well as targeting code to new platforms.
What you will need to bring
- A minimum of 5 years embedded C or C++ in an embedded Linux environment
- At least a year of working with integration or developing browser technologies
- Top class English and communication skills
- Working with large stacks including multithreaded and multiprocess code
- Strong debug and problem solving skills using the latest tools
- Ability to understand complex engineering issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods
- Flexible, can-do approach towards colleague and customer requests
Desirable Tech Skills
Webkit; Gstreamer and plugins; Broadcom or Intel embed platforms; Yocto
What you will get in return
What we’ll give you in return:
- A fresh start in a new office near the Rynek close to all Wroclaws best entertainment
- Challenging work on important projects
- Base Salary in the range 18-20k per month with benefits giving an effective salary of over 21k
- A twice yearly company bonus scheme
- Private medical care for you and your family
- MyBenefit and Multisport
- Family friendly office and events
- A good amount of annual leave, which rises an extra day for every year you stay with us
- A flexible approach to work and an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Training online and face to face.
- Car park sharing scheme
- Awards for good customer support such as Drones; VR equipment; bicycle; you name it, its yours!
- Fruit, pizza, cakes – all free.
- More – come and ask us – we have one of the best benefits packages in Wroclaw
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.