Project Resource Manager
We are looking for an organised and dynamic Project Resource Manager, you will be commercially aware, people-focused, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for data!
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands. We’re an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge ‘Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we’ve grown a lot. We work with the world’s leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months alone we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We’re now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We’re proud to be an employee owned company. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
We don’t sell products; we sell expertise. Our Engineering teams are leaders in the Software and Hardware field, providing the kind of solutions that wow our customers into coming back to us again and again.
The Delivery function builds these project teams, ensuring that we have the best possible resource mix in place to meet our customer needs. This process demands a clear picture of resource availability, organisational capacity, and skills tracking. The Project Resource Manager will ensure that this information is available and up-to-date at all times, managing and manipulating large data sets in our ERP system to create insightful reports that aid delivery decision-making.
Exceptional organisation and administration skills are essential but are only part of this role. You’ll also need to be commercially aware and people-focused; an effective communicator, who can liaise with internal Project Managers, Group Leads, and Engineers to communicate – and sometimes negotiate – successful resource moves. This ability to influence and make things happen will be balanced with a keen eye for detail and a passion for data.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Supporting the Chief Delivery Officer with day-to-day resource management activity
- Negotiating with Project Managers and Engineers to facilitate resource moves
- Working with the Recruitment Teams to identify and communicate recruitment needs
- Supporting the ongoing supply/demand reporting process and capacity planning
- Monitoring and managing skills, capabilities and training data for all employees
- Planning and reporting related to resource performance, utilisation and availability
- Administration of resources and projects within our ERP system (Kimble/Salesforce)
What you will need to bring
- Superb organisation, project coordination and administration skills
- The ability to create meaningful reports to drive decision-making
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including Pivot Tables, V-lookups etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Desirable Tech Skills
- Exposure to relevant technologies (Software, Java, C++ etc.)
- Prior experience using Salesforce or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge of resource management and capacity planning techniques
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary that grows with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow your career
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year of service – to a maximum of 30 days
- A flexible approach to work and a friendly, entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.