Graduate Electronic Engineer
This is a great opportunity to build a successful career in Electronic Engineering, solving complex engineering problems for a variety of high-profile customers.
We’re looking for people that are passionate about technology and who want to expand their horizons in an exciting and fast-moving area of the technology industry.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands. We’re an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge ‘Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment, streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we’ve grown a lot. We work with the world’s leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months along we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We’re now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We’re proud to be an employee-owned business. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
This role will challenge you and push you out of your comfort zone, so we’re looking for a bright graduate with a relevant degree and a keen interest in electronics. You’ll start by learning about the technologies and tools that the hardware team utilises to go about delivering complex projects for a variety of high-profile customers. You’ll be joining an established market leader with a talented team to learn from. Our customers operate at the forefront of technologies using embedded hardware designs across a wide variety of applications, from the lowest power IoT devices, to the latest cutting-edge home entertainment systems. You’ll ideally have sound theoretical knowledge, an ability to learn “on the job”, excellent communication skills and the flexibility to get involved wherever our customer’s projects require.
What you will need to bring
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electronic engineering and software systems.
- Electronic debug ability using a variety of test equipment including high-speed oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
- Demonstrable ability to use tools to create schematic and PCB designs.
- Knowledge of the design and test of analogue, digital and RF circuits.
- A flexible approach, being prepared to work either independently or as part of a team, on the multitude of tasks required to support our customers.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Desirable Tech Skills
- An understanding of the legal compliance requirements of an electronic product before placing it on the market.
- An appreciation of modern software & scripting techniques.
- A keen interest in electronics as a hobby, not just a degree!
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary that will grow with your career.
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme.
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues.
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year you stay with us.
- A flexible approach to work and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support and a cycle to work scheme.
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.