Hardware Project Manager
We’re looking for a Hardware biased Technical project manager to support our hardware design and development team and clients with various projects involving product design, development & manufacture. We’re looking for someone with technical experience and demonstrated ability to form strong relationships whilst leading & managing internal & external resources, clients and suppliers. They will join a world-class team working with leading clients in the fast moving arenas of IoT and digital TV technologies.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Founded by 5 engineering leaders from Pace Micro Technology in 2003, Consult Red has grown a strong reputation working with some of the world’s leading Pay TV, media and OTT operators.
Since then we’ve grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare. We’ve applied our cutting-edge experience and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
As the world becomes more and more connected, it’s this experience that we think will drive opportunities for our clients looking to broaden their appeal and their business in the next decade.
We work with clients as a secure, discreet and reliable partner who works hard in the background, making sure everything is done on time. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles in the USA.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
This role will allow you to develop your management and engineering knowledge and offer challenges to build on your existing skills. You will take responsibility for the delivery of projects and resources working across a varied range of projects for various external and internal customers. You will be required to deliver projects to meet our clients’ needs whilst focusing on maintaining & improving on Consult Reds trusted capability, quality & success. The projects you will take responsibility for will require you to understand and discuss at a technical level meaning this role may be best suited to someone who is moving from an engineering based role into project management. You’ll form part of a team, contributing to product development, verification and be responsible for overall project delivery of your projects. The results of your work will be important to our clients who operate at the forefront of technologies using embedded hardware and software.
As part of the team, you’ll both develop yourself and contribute to the value we bring to our clients who operate across a wide variety of applications from the lowest power IoT devices to the highest speed home entertainment broadcast receivers. You will work in a flexible environment reporting to the Head of Hardware and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. You will need to bring a sound engineering knowledge, be able to learn ‘on the job’ and have first rate communications skills.
What you will need to bring
- A minimum of ten years working in an electronic or software product/project development or manufacture environment.
- Ability to understand engineering technology, terminology and processes and clearly communicate them via phone, email and other methods.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Experience of a wide range of relevant products and technologies.
- Experience of people and project management in a technical environment.
- Experience of customer facing responsibility including stakeholder management, issue escalation and resolution.
- Experience of preparing statements of work and understanding of commercial terms
- Knowledge of Waterfall & Agile management techniques.
- Knowledge of basic electronic hardware architecture and design principles.
Desirable Tech Skills
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not required. An ability and willingness to learn is just as important.
- Knowledge of production management, NPI and product delivery
- Knowledge of relevant industry technologies and standards.
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career.
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme.
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues.
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year you stay with us.
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the area.
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.