We’re looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our Technology team, which delivers industry-leading solutions to customers and helps to shape the future of our business.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands. We’re an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge ‘Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment, streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we’ve grown a lot. We work with the world’s leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months along we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We’re now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We’re proud to be an employee-owned business. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll have significant strategic input in the success and future direction of the company. Our Architects are also the “glue” that holds projects together: advocating for the customer’s needs and requirements, whilst pulling a variety of internal teams in one direction towards a common goal.
In terms of approach, you’ll need more than just technical know-how. You’ll be calm, measured, honest and authentic. More than anything else, you’ll be a key advocate in our belief in striving for simple, successful and scalable design for all of our customers.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
- Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to define product or technology requirements, whilst suggesting suitable solutions to complex technical problems.
- Designing and architecting various software and system modules that come together to form a fully functioning solution, which works to the customer’s specification and timeframe (including CPE, Back-end, Third-party services, etc.).
- Defining sub-systems across a range of products and technologies.
- Developing well-structured design documents, roadmaps and specifications.
- Advising on project progress and development, including design, technology choices, life cycles, costs and resource availability.
- Pre-sales technical support and evidencing RED’s capabilities to a variety of customers, including trade shows and industry forums.
- Contributing to commercial documents, including RFP’s, RFI’s, Statements of Work and White Papers.
- to evaluate and select solutions according to customer business goals.
What you will need to bring
- A strong track record in software and systems architecture within a technology-focused business
- Experience must include developing software and services for either Telecommunications or Pay TV operators
- The ability to identify and explain suitable solutions, that address customer problems, whilst working with limited information
- Exceptional people skills, including the communication of technical ideas to a broad range of sponsors, as well as motivating and negotiating with internal and external teams
- A deep understanding of a variety of programming paradigms, languages, frameworks and methodologies
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and learning new skills
Desirable Tech Skills
- Experience working within a Consultancy business
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary that grows with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow your career to the highest level
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year you stay with us, up to a maximun of 30 days
- A flexible and risk-averse approach to remote work in these uncertain times
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme for when you do need to come into the office.
- Access to the “Headspace” mindfulness app
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.