We’re a fast-growing professional services business, looking for an Accountant to join our Finance Team in West Yorkshire.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Over the last several years, we’ve grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare. We’ve applied our knowledge and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our staff, not only in terms of salary and benefits, but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And, currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
Working within our UK-based Finance function, your duties will be varied but will include:
- Sales Ledger processing – from invoice despatch to aged debt analysis
- Analysis of intercompany (foreign currency) invoices
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Creation of month end provisions and payroll journals using power query
- Assisting the Senior Finance Manager in the production of monthly group management accounts
- Preparing VAT, EC Sales and ONS Returns
- Assisting in weekly payment runs
- Assisting in Credit Card Management
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in preparation for and during the Audit
- Supporting other Team members
What you will need to bring
- Full or part qualification in ACCA/CIMA or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Good all-round accounting skills. We’re a global business, so multi-currency experience would be really valuable in this role.
- An organised approach, sharp attention to detail, and a talent for working quickly and accurately to deadlines
- A great team ethic, coupled with excellent communication and reporting skills
- A healthy level of IT knowledge, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups.
- The ability to prioritise your own work load within a fast paced, deadline orientated environment
Desirable Tech Skills
- We use Sage 200, so knowledge of Sage products would be desirable.
- Any experience using Microsoft Power Query/DAX/Power BI
- Experience working in a similar-sized SME company with a global presence
- Knowledge of payroll processes
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- Study assistance for ACCA or CIMA
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 30 days)
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the area
Our Recruitment Process
Once you submit your CV, we’ll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things. This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll often do a short first stage telephone interview to find out more about you and to check that the role would be a good fit for your requirements.
Then, if you progress to interview stage we’ll try to cover off everything we can in one sitting, to make the process quicker for you - which means our interviews can be slightly longer than average. We want you to leave the interview with a real feel for the job and what it’s like to work with us.