Strategy & feasibility
Definition of the hardware and embedded software architectures.
Proof of concept & design
Development of the hardware solution capable of supporting three product types.
Development & Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Production of the product prototypes.
- Design and development of the embedded software stack, including the sensor data processing and control algorithms.
- Development of an AI control process and the cloud interface to manage demand.
Ensuring hardware and software compliance with the necessary standards including CHAdeMO and safety.
Various system level sensors were incorporated into the design and development to provide monitoring data on:
- Safety critical operations e.g. Earth leakage, Insulation leakage, Switching, Process interlocks, Emergency stop detection
- Load management operations in line with National Grid requirements
- Voltage, current, power consumption, power factor reporting including AC Current, DC Voltage, DC Current.
- Application layer functionality such as Load Control match and Firm Frequency Response (FFR), Charging, Load Switching and Metering operations