Strategy & feasibility
Defined of the end-to-end technology solution as well as the business strategy and approach to collaboration with care providers.
Proof of concept & design
Developed the hardware and software solutions, including video communication using the patient’s TV facilitated by a set top box.
Development & Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
Produced the product prototype, and designed and developed the embedded software stack, the cloud platform and the in-home equipment.
Provided manufacturing support, engagement with broadband providers and development of the service proposition.
Ensured hardware and software compliance with necessary regulation and standards.
The service involved working with various stakeholders in the NHS and social care around the user interface and user experience.
The following services were examples of those developed as a result of our product development work:
- GPs to care home video communication.
- A remote renal clinic model of support for people who home-dialyse.
- Hospital to home support for virtual ward rounds.
- Virtual visiting in social care.
- Cross-platform integration with evaluation and smart home technologies.
- Physiological data collection and remote monitoring.
We worked extensively with stakeholders in health and social care and overcame many of the technical, social and system challenges of working with very complex customers.