Strategy & feasibility
- Definition of the Bluetooth connectivity and monitoring circuitry in the device,
- Communication with an Android application on a phone to collect and display the data, and
- Integration with a cloud platform for data collection.
Proof of concept & design
Development of the hardware and software solutions.
Development & Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Production of the product prototype.
- Design and development of the embedded software stack, including the sensor data processing and control algorithms.
Circuit board for device, end-to-end integration including security and key injection hardware for the manufacturing facility.
Ensuring hardware and software compliance with the necessary standards.
The development involved an extremely small circuit board using chip scale devices that could be embedded in the product and communicated to the phone application using Bluetooth. A range of parameters were measured and securely transmitted including inhalation air pressure, coil voltage, battery voltage and an accelerometer to detect user gestures.
Throughout the project we worked seamlessly with the client teams. Our experience in designing and developing connected devices and systems meant that we could anticipate potential pitfalls, and help the client navigate each stage of the product development journey.