Solutions Architect – Digital TV
Location : Poland (anywhere) and Amsterdam part time
Salary: For negotiation depending on willingness to travel and experience
Proven experience architecting solutions? Know how to interact well with business and engineering teams? Willing to travel?
How about a key, wide-ranging role helping to design the next generation of DTV software for Europe? Fancy working with some of the best media teams in Europe?
We have two important roles both of which require your skills.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
- Design and maintain a modular, extensible architecture of the CPE middleware by translating business needs into technology blocks and modules
- Advise developer colleagues on implementation of the architecture thus enabling a flow from business need to day to day implementation through your architecture – detail is key
- Advise on development of Digital TV products , including design, technology choices, life-cycles, costs and capacity planning with wider group of stakeholders.
- Research and assess emerging trends and technologies in opensource and technology suppliers to enable your architectural design
- Closely cooperate with other architects responsible for the cloud systems/BO
- Propose development processes improvements, new technical solutions and tools
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
The results will be one of the most advanced and well designed digital TV platforms in the market place. You can expect to gain a lot of satisfaction from this work and know that your efforts are valued by your colleagues and customers.
What you will need to bring
- Around 10 years experience of Digital TV and related technologies
- Broad knowledge of DTV system architectures and specific specialisation in CPE architecture
- Excellent people skills, including communicating technical ideas, motivating and negotiating with your team – you embody great consulting skills
- Good understanding of Internet security protocols, system-wide security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- RDK 3.0 knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of SW development methodologies, various programming languages (C/C++, JS) with an ability to read code
- Experience in embedded Linux system internals
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to write necessary tech docs such as use cases, sequence diagrams,
- Great analysis, problem decomposition, software design and architecting skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into architectural framework and design
- Design of REST APIs
- Experience in different CPU/SoC architectures ( i.e. MIPS, ARM, IA32, x86 )
- CA/DRM experience
- Ability to break down architecture into detailed engineering tasks
- Hardware and software architecture capability
Desirable Tech Skills
- Polish language to interact and guide software developers
- Previous experience in the Digital TV Architect role
What you will get in return
- Challenging work on important projects
- A twice yearly company bonus scheme
- Private medical care for you and your family
- MyBenefit and Multisport
- Family friendly office and events
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- A good amount of annual leave, which rises an extra day for every year you stay with us
- A flexible approach to work and an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Training online and face to face.
- Car park sharing scheme
- Awards for good customer support such as Drones; VR equipment; bicycle; you name it, its yours!
- Fruit, pizza, cakes – all free.
- More – come and ask us – we have one of the best benefits packages in Wroclaw
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.