Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
- You’ll be a key part of planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers (set-top boxes)
- You’ll be cooperating with one of the world’s biggest digital media companies, delivering solutions that are going to hit the market this and next year
- You’ll create back-end solutions for the UI components
- You’ll run the customization and the business logic modification according to the project’s phase
- You’ll support integrating the services of Netflix, YouTube, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime TV, Spotify, BBC, Deezer and other partners of our customers
- You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners
- Most importantly, your work will help deliver a much-needed service for society in lockdown – quick and easy access to some of the World’s best digital TV services.
What you will need to bring
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods
- Flexible, proactive, can-do approach (not a side thing, we actually do need you to act proactively in this role)
- Very good English skills, at least B2 level
Desirable Tech Skills
Nice to Have Experience with:
- STB / digital TV
Experience with any of the following is useful
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days)
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
Our Recruitment Process
Once you submit your CV, we’ll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things. This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll often do a short first stage telephone interview to find out more about you and to check that the role would be a good fit for your requirements.
Then, if you progress to interview stage we’ll try to cover off everything we can in one sitting, to make the process quicker for you - which means our interviews can be slightly longer than average. We want you to leave the interview with a real feel for the job and what it’s like to work with us.