Learn more about this role
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
- You’ll be a key part of planning, design, development and integration of software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers
- You’ll be cooperating with one of the world’s biggest digital media companies
- You’ll create solutions for the UI components
- You’ll run the customization and the business logic modification according to the project’s phase
- You’ll support integrating the services of Netflix, YouTube, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime TV, Spotify, BBC, Deezer and other partners of our customers
- You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners
- Most importantly, your work will help deliver a much-needed service for society in lockdown – quick and easy access to some of the World’s best digital TV services.
What you will need to bring
- Experience with at least one modern UI framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- HTML 5/CSS 3 experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in building UI applications
- Flexible, proactive, can-do approach (not a side thing, we actually do need you to act proactively in this role)
- Very good English skills, at least B2 level
Desirable Tech Skills
Nice to Have Experience with:
- Consumer devices
- Animations techniques
Experience with any of the following is useful
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days)
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.