Key Account Manager
We’re looking for an outstanding Account Manager to drive business growth across high-profile customer accounts.
Learn more about this role
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands. We’re an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge ‘Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment, streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we’ve grown a lot. We work with the world’s leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months along we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We’re now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We’re proud to be an employee-owned business. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
Our products are the knowledge, skills, and professionalism of our people. We have a passion for engineering and technology, as well as a strong belief in the importance of customer advocacy. The Account Manager will be a critical part of our Commercial Team and acts as a point of contact for multiple customer sponsors and stakeholders.
You’ll need to be acutely tuned-in to a variety of needs, across a diverse customer ecosystem, acting as a champion for at least one of our key customers internally and becoming the interface between a variety of external sponsors and our internal teams.
We’re searching for someone who is outgoing, proactive and passionate about our team, our services, and our customers. The ideal person will demonstrate high levels of responsibility, autonomy, and ownership, as well as being focused on demonstrating true excellence in service delivery at all times.
What you will need to bring
- Experience as an Account Manager within the Media, Broadband or Telecom sectors
- Knowledge of technology development techniques and programme delivery methods (e.g., Agile)
- A track record of building relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Outstanding communication skills: whether face-to-face, on the phone, or in writing
- The ability to solve problems and resolve complaints effectively
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills (including Advanced Microsoft Excel and CRM tools, such as Salesforce)
- Understanding of customer behaviours and industry trends in relevant sectors
- Good organizational and time management skills
Desirable Tech Skills
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary that grows with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day every year
- Full personal medical cover, which can be upgraded to cover your family
- A flexible and risk-averse approach to remote work
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow your career
- Access to the “Headspace” mindfulness app
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.