Senior HR Manager
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, and therefore we are now able to offer an exciting new opportunity for a Senior HR Manager.
If you are a Senior HR Manager with a passion for innovation, the drive to set up a unique HR organisation, the ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the detail, and someone who likes variation in their role – this is the perfect role for you!
Learn more about this role
You will support and lead all elements of HR and communicate effectively throughout the business whilst supporting current and upcoming projects.
We are looking for someone to be a key driver in leading the HR function and provide support to all areas across the business. A key element of the role will be working with the management team to drive HR agenda and support business strategies within our Employee-Owned business model.
If that is something you can get excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
How you will spend your time
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, more specifically, this role will:
- Develop a set of HR policies and processes to support all HR interventions
- Be Responsible for pay and benefits management
- Work with the business to communicate HR activities and messages
- Develop grievance and settlement policies and processes
- Develop HR policy for TUPE and acquisitions and implement as necessary
- Develop Organisational Structures with the businesses to manage resources and head count
- Develop and implement onboarding HR process and exit interview process
- Produce HR MI to provide meaningful analysis relating to HR and cost management
- Review employment contracts and develop standard templates
- Review pay practices and develop effective retention and attraction mechanisms
- Develop training programs for employees and management as required
- Review learning and development approach and develop an appropriate strategy to support career paths
- Responsible for HR vendor relationship and management e.g. pay, benefits
- Develop an effective and high performing HR team to support business strategies and needs
- Develop and implement policies fostering diversity, inclusion and speaking up
- Develop HR governance and compliance structures and practices
What you will need to bring
- Driven to deliver an outstanding and bespoke service
- Worked as HR generalist or HRBP for at least 5/7 years
- Extensive experience of HR, Benefits, and contractual Administration.
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to build key relationships on all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to listen and connect with team and customer
- Internal and External Stakeholder Management
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Enjoys working in a team environment with strong collaboration skills
- Ability to mature and scale the HR practice in an entrepreneurial organisation
- Identifies and embraces new ways of working with a continuous improvement mindset
Desirable Tech Skills
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and analytic tools
- CIPD Qualified
What you will get in return
A balanced approach to hybrid working, which includes periodic travel to our head office in Shipley – not just now but long term. We are aware that not everyone is the same and many people have embraced home working while others prefer to come to the office, quite simply we are flexible!
Other benefits include a competitive salary, a twice-yearly company bonus scheme and continuous opportunity to train, develop and grow your career. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with pension, with 25 standard days holiday, rising an extra day every year – up to 5 years.Read more about our employee benefits
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.