Strategy and Business Case
Reviewed the current solution context and the non-RDK-V roadmap options, and provided the comparative analysis of the outcomes of adopting the RDK-V approach. This analysis was informed by the following work.
Proof of concept & Design
We specified the alternative suppliers and components necessary to develop a proof of concept for a design using RDK-V. We indicated the necessary components of the RDK that would require integrating to provide the customer appropriate solution. And we provided guidance around the on-going commitment to the RDK approach and how the roadmap can be influenced.
Key Competencies Provided
- Familiarity with the RDK evolution and roadmap.
- A technical proof of concept to explore specific implications of the shift.
- Knowledge of DRM integration and kernel hardening.
- System architecture and vendor selection.
- Customisation and differentiation of the customer offer.
- Code management and build systems for the RDK approach.
- Browser productising.
- Graphics library design and implementation.
- G-Streamer plugin implementation.
- Third party application integration.
- App manager and back-office functionality.
- Technical Report 069 (TR-069) for remote management of customer-premises equipment (CPE).
- Navigator, Guide and Apps.
- Subtitles, DVB-SI and Teletext.
- Youtube, Netflix and Over The Top (OTT) integrations.